Hii friends, today we are going to discuss one of the most important organ of our body which is nothing but our lungs. The lungs are important to our health . From the moment of the birth,the lung is totally responsible for providing our tissues with oxygen from the atmosphere and eliminating carbon dioxide.Professor Bogaert told that when human infected with Covid-19 ,it can causes infection to respiratory system known as respiratory tree, which is found in our lungs. So guys lungs play an important role in human life. We know that without breathing no one can survive. It is necessary to know what is lung? What is it function and how one can keep their lungs healthy through diet? So let’s Open the mystery of our health….
what is lungs?
Lungs are the principal organs of respiration and the respiration performed by it is called pulmonary respiration.
- Pleural membrane is the double layered serous membrane located outside of the lung .
- The outer membrane is called parietal pleura, while inner one is called visceral pleura.
- The space between the two pleura is called pleural cavity.
- The right lung is larger than left lung.
- Each lung consist of bronchioles.
- Each bronchiole ends into thin walled air like structure called alveoli.
- A capillary networks of pulmonary asteroids is situated on the surface of alveoli
- Human lungs has about 750 million alveoli, which increases surface area for exchange of gases.
- The gaseous exchange takes place between alveolar air and the blood of capillary network surrounding the alveoli.
- The alveolus is lined by thin, highly permeable membranous wall of simple non-cilliated squamous epithelium.
External respiration takes place through lungs.Oxygen from lungs diffuses in the lung capillaries and similarly Carbon dioxide from the lung capillaries diffuses into lungs.In addition to gas exchange, the lungs play an important role in immunity and other protective function.
So friends this is the general information of lungs. But we know that covid-19 situation pandemic and we have to take some easy steps to enhance our health.
Best food for lungs:
Diet plays an important role to maintain respiratory tract health.Hence consumption of healthy food is a simple way that can reduce the inflammation and improve the function of lugs. So, let see. The Top 5 Foods to support lung health:
- Turmeric is the best Food four our lungs.
- It contain an active phyto compound curcumin,which has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to treat several respiratory conditions, includding asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD).and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Green tea contains antioxidants and polyphenols that are beneficial for lung function,the specific compound epigallocatechin gallary, help suppress lung cancer cell growth in Vitro studies.
- Green tea also contains theophylline, that acts as a bronchodilator to improve airway function and ease breathing difficulties.
- Leafy greens like kale,Spinash,Beet Greens,Romaine Lettuce & Arugula are rich in antioxidants fiber vitamins & minerals, that can support lungs health.
- Studies show that, Lealsy green lower the risk of lung cancer, COPD & adult asthma .
- Banana contains potassium, fiber and vitamin C.It is beneficial when it comes to lung health.
- Regular consumption of banana helps to contract and relax of lungs properly.
- Researches finding show that apples can increase the function of lungs especially for those who have give up smoking.
- Apples has different phytochemicals including quercetin,catechin,phloridzin and chorogenic acid that are shown to decrease oxidative stress and inflammation which improves pulmonary function.
There are so many factors they can easily affect our lungs,which include smoking, genetics & environmental conditions. Many researches findings show that vitamin, minerals and antioxidants enhance lungs health and protect against a number of respiratory problems.
Professor Bogaert says that if covid-19 affects our body become less able to take on oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide over time and person need to help of ventilator. You can also consider physical workout if possible, some yoga too. So guys, this are the some strategies I shared with you to keep your lugs disease free..
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin